6.06.2008

Bookmark Bonanza

After making a homemade bookmark for my boyfriend's mom for her birthday, I tentatively added them as a list of things I could make. Right now I want to start building up various ideas of homemade things I could make and then sell. I'm hoping to get enough stuff to start at a flea market, and if I actually seem to have a market, I'm hoping to sell my creations on Etsy.

However, until such a day comes, I'm kinda going by word of mouth and making things as people want or need them. My current "order" is to make 11 bookmarks. Once my bf's mom saw the bookmark, she wanted me to make more as end-of-the-year gifts for people at her youngest son's school. I'm excited because this is my first real customer, and because I have all the creative freedom in the world when it comes to making these. They are all 2.5" by 7.5" and have some sort of tassle, (and with the exception of 2) and they are all completely unique. So without further ado, I present bookmarks 1-3 of my collection.
My biggest concern right now is to come up with a label that I can discreetly put on the back to get my ideas "out there" (for lack of a better word). I know that Grumperina has a great tutorial on making your own labels, but before I can do that, I need to come up with a name of sorts.

No comments: