7.01.2008

Fixes, Re-dos, and Beginnings

I don't have any pictures today, probably because I have nothing substantial to report.

However, with altering the seam allowances, I did manage to fix my Shoofly quilt blocks.

I don't think the yarn I bought (or my gauge, or my dpn, or...something) was cut out for the Jaywalkers, so I unraveled them and started working on a much simpler sock pattern. It's funny--as much as I wanted to start knitting just so I could make socks, I don't think I like it as much as I would.

More importantly, I picked out a sweater pattern. It's the Mrs. Darcy cardigan on ravelry and it's absolutely g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! I haven't gotten too far since I only started on Sunday, but I'll sure to have pictures up when I get further.

I probably won't be posting for a while because on Saturday I will be heading to New Jersey for a two week RA position for an environmental science program for high-school kids. I'm hoping this will help me prepare more for student teaching in January! EEP!

No comments: