8.29.2008

My first sweater ever

Has been finished, but I've defintely taken my sweet time blogging about it. Now that school has started and I have a crazy schedule (again), I don't know how much knitting/sewing/whatnot I'll get done, but I guess we'll see.



I absolutely love this cardigan. My only complaints (few) would be the length, but if I wanted it longer then I would have altered it. Also, my buttonholes came out a little too large for the buttons I picked, but I'm sure I can come up with something (maybe just reinforcing them with some stiches...more crochet?) to make the buttons stay a little better.

This was a great first sweater to knit, in my opinion. You only need to know stockinette, garter, twisted rib (which is explained clearly in the pattern), and how to in/decrease. My only suggestion would be to explain (to mainly novice knitters like myself) which in/decrease would be recommended depending on the location. Such as to make things symmetrical, the left side should be decreased differently than the right. However, both the internet and knitting books can easily explain this, so it's a minor flaw at best.

I love the long sleeves. The cute ribbing at the waist. And most importantly, the "oohs" and "ahhs" I get when people see it...and then being able to brag that I knit it.

No comments: