9.28.2008

Life

is really getting in the way of my knitting. And quite frankly, it's starting to get old fast. I finally finished the second Gamer Girl Gauntlet on THURSDAY night...it should not have taken me a month to get that done. Oh well.

But, I have started a small project to make me feel more accomplished before I start working on a second set of Gauntlets for my friend Kate and then a set of wristwarmers of my own, followed by my own Argyle vest (which will be my 2nd original design), which will THEN be followed by my ever-growing ravelry que. Phew.

For now, though, I bring you the oh-so adorable, oh-so lovely, Saartje Bootie. I did one start to finish, just to read about the seaming that many people were not happy with.

Because I'm an idiot, I get distracted easily, and I desperately need a set of pretty markers (it is my birthday, I can hope for something, right?), it took me 4 tries to get all the increases right on the first one. However, I started the second and *gasp* paid attention, and I got all of that done in about...1/10 of the time.

Anyway, here are two pictures of the beauty. I hope to have them *finished* by Tuesday. Monday is gonna be a loooong day, so we'll see.

No comments: