5.31.2009

The Table Runner

This Table Runner is one of the cooler (and more pattern-free) things I've made. As I've said before, my boyfriend's mom loves homemade stuff, and they have a gorgeous purple dining room...so I wanted to make something both pretty and practical. Enter: The Table Runner.

I looked for diagonally set quilt blocks and found the Carolina Lily pattern. There are a ton of variations, but I like this one because it requires no applique for the flowerheads...only the leaves and stems.

The entire project was made of scrap fabric, so that is why the center border is pieced there. I didn't have a large enough piece of yellow fabric, so I pieced two smaller ones with a central border.

She loved it, and my boyfriend constantly has to be reminded that it wasn't purchased from a store. I'll take that as a compliment.











No comments: