8.19.2009

Quiltastic

I was so pleased with the way this quilt turned out. It is by far the best quilt I made--too bad I'll never see it again!

The story behind it is my boyfriend's mom wanted a present for his younger brother (4th grade) at the end of the year. His mom has loved many of the things I've made (such as the table runner for Mother's Day that I made), so she paid me for materials and labor to make a quilt.
Now I've wanted to make the Drunkard's Path (also known as Fool's puzzle) since my mom bought me my first quilting book in about 5th grade or so. But I've waited (and waited) to make it because all those curves look daunting.

As usual, I've learned a lot (and I mean A LOT) with each and every quilt I make, and this was certainly not an exception. Clipping curves, something I often "skip" in making clothes because it isn't terribly necessary, was a MUST with this quilt. In addition, the iron has now become my best friend. And actually "squaring off" blocks... I had never heard of such a thing until I read one quilt book front to back...amazing.

But without further ado, I present my most favorite quilt ever. That being said, due to the complexity of the quilt, I doubt I will make it again anytime soon.






No comments: