Aw, heart-shaped boxes. Classic love.
I made the "50%" mark, in my opinion. At a place where the sleeves are now sitting on stitch holders.
Now I just have to work the body, and I'll be pretty much free. Since the sleeves are a cap construction, I think they each need a whopping 6 or so more rows until finished.
At least, I didn't like them. Until I made them with a good recipe. My sister is at school in Boston, and these happen to be her favorite cookies. So instead of going with a random recipe, I pulled out the fancy cookbooks devoted solely to cookies my stepmom gave me. There were rwo recipes from two different books, so I went with the recipe I'd have to do less substituting with.
I figured I had to try one since after all, I did make them.
As previously mentioned, I had bought a whopping $1 clay pot with a peat pellet and some strawberry seeds to grow. Knowing that seeds need water, "air" (really the oxygen as opposed to the over-abundant nitrogen in our atmosphere), and light to germinate, I placed my little guy on the windowsill. I waited. And waited. And after I week I was getting frustrated. Surely I'd be able to see some small growth by then, right? Nope.
So I picked up my little pot thinking maybe he needed more light, and I noticed he was cold. Really, really cold. In addition to the other things listed above, my brain forgot about the importance of temperature. Even though plants don't have brains, they aren't stupid. They won't grow at certain temperatures because it's basically a suicide mission.
So I took my plant and moved him a whopping 2.5 ft lower on our radiator. And after only 24 hours at an ideal temperature...
Logic wins. Always.
And, per my new rule, I cannot have more than one object on a set of needles, on a crochet hook, or in the sewing machine at a time. So the projects seem to doubly drag. However, I hope that this will cut down on the number of WIPs and UFOs that seem to grow and grow without actually finishing anything.
So this knitting project, started in January, is Patti Gonsalves's Half-a-Cardi. I found the pattern on Ravelry.
I've got a ways to go. I've only got 40 of the 60 stitches between markers, and am rather quickly running out of room on my needles! However, the "eyelet" portion of the increases at the raglan sleeve area is turning out quite well.
Even though the weather has been icky with storms, school closings, ice, wind, and everything else, I do have a little hope for spring in these seedlings. I am typically not the most successful gardner, so I was delighted to actually grow these from seed to the plants they currently are. Also, I have a cucumber plant that is about 6" tall, but not pictured, and a little strawberry seed pot (no growth yet) that I got for $1 at Target. The green keeps me centered on warmer and sunnier days...
Parsley on left and wildflowers on right.
- 2.5 c all-purpose flour (although I'd now like to try the 00 flour meant for pasta in the future)
- 1 t dried basil, marjoram, or sage, crushed (optional--I left out for first time)
- 0.5 t salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 0.33 c water
- 1 t olive oil
And now for some pictures! I did not take any pictures of the finished product, but I will in the future!