4.24.2011

Homemade Pasta Sauce



After making pasta sauce from scratch, I don't think we'll ever be buying pre-made sauce again.

One, it's super easy! And two, it's cheap (either the same price or cheaper than buying pre-made sauce).

Here is my "recipe". I'm putting that in quotes because it's a very loose recipe.


  • 1 28-oz can of San Marzano tomatoes (pictured above)

  • 1 tablespoon of sugar

  • 1 teaspoon of tomato paste

  • Onions, garlic, olive oil

  • Salt, pepper, spices to taste.

I add the onion, garlic and olive oil and sautee that for like 5 minutes. Then I squeeze the tomatoes to mush them, and dump everything in a pot and simmer for about 30 minutes.

I would love to make this in bulk and start canning it myself. A summer or birthday project, perhaps.

No comments: