4.17.2011

M6011 Finished!

That's it. The only finished picture I have of the dress (with laundry that needs to be folded in the background). The lighting in the apartment really does not catch any of the detail. However, it has been very rainy the past week or so, so I figured I'd just put up a picture of the dress to put some closure on it. If/when the weather gets better, maybe I'll post another. I am calling this dress the Three Generation Dress because there are three generations represented in it. My grandmother gave me the lace and the lace lining a few months back. It was leftover from the sheers in her dining room. The blue fabric was in my mother's fabric stash that I acquired after she moved out. And the maker of this garment was me! My students were impressed, and I'm very happy with it. The next project to tackle is Vogue 1120. I have cut out the lining and some of the fabric pieces. Since I am currently on my spring break (a MUCH needed one with all of the job security stress), my goal is to finish the dress before I head on back to work. Hopefully they'll be some updates sooner than later!

No comments: