4.26.2011

Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies



These are by far the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made or had. Better than my fake Mrs. Fields. Better than the real ones. And the best part? No artificial flavorings, no preservatives, only simple, raw ingredients.

These are LARGE cookies (hence my palm for reference). I used an ice cream scoop to portion out the dough. One of the things that makes these cookies so memorable is the fact that you roll the top half of the cookie in chocolate chips and then slightly flatten them.

The recipe is from The All-American Cookie Book, which has lovely photos and history behind the cookies which is fantastic (such as the first cookie recipe spelled it cookey. Weird, right?)

Anyways, I will definitely be making these in the future. I had to make some substitutions because I didn't have cream of tartar or cornsyrup on hand, but they were so good that I'll probably keep the substitutions in case the flavor or texture might change!

No comments: