4.18.2011

Small Knitting Project



Yes, I've neglected the knitting. And no, it has nothing to do with seasonal knitting (I typically knit more in the summer because I have the time off). It's just for me, knitting is less of an instant gratification sort of thing. And, considering how the majority of my knit garments have been frumpy fitting failures (this green yarn should look familiar), I've shied away from them.


My yarn stash is at my sister-in-law's house, so I am left with limited yarn choices and yardage when I choose to knit. But how happy was I when I stumbled across this website! Simple Knits posted a blog entry that has over 600 links (sorted by yardage) of various projects to make with smaller amounts of yarn about 250 yards or less). Which is great for me because I have lots of yarn, but all in half skein or less amounts (this results when you take people's leftovers)


But, how do you mess up the fit on a wrist cuff? Initially, this project is meant to be a Backbone Bookmark. Totally cute, right? But, when you teach, you really don't get a lot of time to read during the school year, so I figured a bookmark wouldn't make sense. But a little wristcuff? Yes, please! I love large bracelets, and while this isn't a bracelet, I hope it will be more refined than an athletic sweat band or some emo accessory. I do still need buttons though.


Also, since this is my spring break week, expect more frequent posts about awesome things! I already have about two posts, but I'm trying to space them out or save them for when life gets too crazy to post on a regular schedule.

No comments: