5.07.2011

V1120 Finished!


Well, it's not Easter anymore...but the dress is finished.

If I were to make this again, I would probably not do the pockets. Sure, they are comfy and cute, but A) they make my hips look much larger, and B) there were a PAIN to make. Normally, pockets are a breeze, but the french seams + the pocket = disaster. It's the only part of the dress that doesn't look perfect.


I am not terribly good at modeling.



But at least my boyfriend can take decent pictures



Some changes I made to the dress was to fully line it. The dress probably wouldn't have been see-through on its own, but I really didn't want to have to wear a slip with it. Because I did line it fully, I did not use the interfacing pieces for the front and back. In hindsight, I should have probably used them anyway, because I had to finish the shoulders in a slightly different manner.


Would I make this again? Eh...maybe. The fabric was not terribly friendly to work with, the pleats were not easy to do, and I'm not 100% in love with how it looks on me. However, I hope it will grow on me enough that it doesn't become another Goodwill purchase...


No comments: