Hello TSKB Readers!
I recently did a closet purge, and I noticed there was a shortage of orange in my closet. And yellow, but yellow and I are not exactly buddy buddy. But the orange I felt I had to fix. I went to Goodwill to see what I could snag. I did get a tank top for $2, but I really was looking for a creamsicle-orange cardigan. However, it's July, and there aren't a lot of long-sleeved items at the moment.
At the last minute I wandered over to the men's section to see if there was anything worthwhile to modify. And I saw the $1.50 T shirts. There was an XXL orange shirt with a cute print on the pocket. I figured I could do something with it.
I went through my patterns and found again McCall 5651. I had previously made a little slip with matching underwear. I figured this time I would wear something that I could actually have showing (remember, the goal is more orange, not hidden orange). So I looked at the different views and chose view G to modify into a swimsuit top.
Overall, it was quite a success. I tried to use view B for the the bottoms, but they are quite a disaster at the moment. (For starters, they are HUUUUGE) I still have a good chunk of the shirt left, so I may just scrap them and go for a swim bottom / underwear pair I have. I really want boyshort bottoms for this, but we'll see.
Be sure to check in tomorrow to see what I've been focused on so intently lately!