7.26.2011

Cute Sandwich Cozy


As a teacher, you know you're getting closer to school when you dream about the first day of school. What you're wearing, what you're doing, whether or not you have all your materials...

I do not feel 100% ready for school to start. But I decided to take a step in the right direction. My lunch set was rather ugly from last year. Plastic grocery bag, ziplocs galore. There was simply too much plastic!

My first goal was to make a sandwich wrap. Now, I had previously made one for The Boy, but his coworkers ended up goading him to the point where he stopped using it. I also added a layer of  batting, and I think it was just too bulky.

Luckily, the internet is always there. I found this cute tutorial on Living With Punks (which is also the blog where I found the tutorial to make my new napkin rings), and this is what I ended up making. The actual creator of the Tutorial is Smashed Peas and Carrots, which has all sorts of wonderful stuff. She also has a tutorial for making a lunch bag, which I may try sometime soon!


 The printed fabric should look familiar. I had extra, so this was stash-busting at it's finest! Now I think I'll take the remaining printed fabric and make a few bags with snap closures to hold dry snacks like pretzels. I'm still not ready for fall, but I just have to take it a little bit at a time.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Love them!! You did a great job...the purple fabric is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing :-)

XOXO,
Maggie

miamihoney said...

I plan on making a few of these myself. Thanks for reviewing the process.