7.28.2011

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses

The day has come. The dress is designed. It's finished (despite a few problems in original construction). I've taken pictures. And now I can finally submit my contest entry for Shabby Apple's Dare to Design Dress Contest. I think it's great that there is now an option to make a top or skirt, but I wanted to design a dress.


So, without further ado, here is my dress design for Shabby Apple dresses.



I'm calling this dress Tulip. It has tulip sleeves, reminds me of the color of a tulip, and the ruching provides curves similar to the beautiful flower. I chose a pink rayon knit blend, so there is no zipper for this garment. It's a nice and simple over-the-head piece that still looks classic. It has a wide boatneck both in the front and the back.


I'm very excited about how this dress turned out. I think that it would be a great addition to Shabby Apple's spring collection, and I hope they think so too! Be sure to check out their blog as well as mine to see the 15 finalists on August 17th!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love the dress. Good luck in the contest.