8.05.2011

Inspiration for Knockoffs


I have a folder in my computer called "Inspiration" that holds cute things that I would like to create. I thought I would share a few of them with you.

I saw this dress in the Target flyer last weekend, and I really like the simple design. What I don't really like is the hemline on this dress. I think this would be an easy one to re-create, and I doubt you'd even really need a pattern to make it. The next time I see some cute knit fabric (you could do this with a small print, but I'd prefer a solid), I think I'll pick some up and try to recreate it. I'm sure I could make a tutorial for this little number.


This top would be quite similar to the dress above, but I just love the baby yellow with the white trim. It's Anthropologie's All Aflutter Blouse. I doubt I would make it in yellow myself (blond hair and yellow is not my favorite combination), but I'd still like this shirt. It could double for teaching and for the weekend. Success!

Image from Mombot Companion
Knitted hair curlers! I'm not a big fan of traditional rollers, and rag curls fray on me, and I don't like bobby pins... But these, I think I could manage. To be honest though, it'd be hard for me to have the patience to finish a whole set! I know there's the one-sock syndrome, but I usually don't even get that far. Regardless, the pattern for them can be found here.

Petco's Lazy Pet Kitty Window Perch
And lastly, a window perch for Molly and Sarah Jane. Our windowsills are almost wide enough for the cats to rest comfortably, but what I really like about this design is that it does not screw into the wall. One, we'd get in trouble for that because we live in an apartment, and two, I can hide it when we have company so they don't think The Boy and I are crazy cat people. But what I'd really love to do is tweak the design so I can make it a shelf for outside the window as a sill to place potted plants. I don't know how feasible that would be, but I can hope, right? Right.

These are some of the things that I have tucked away for a rainy day or the right moment. What projects do you have on the back burner or have tucked away as inspiration?

No comments: