8.26.2011

Muslin Progress



It's been a while since I've talked about pants, but it is a slow process to get it right.

And I think I'm at the point where I am ready to mark all of the muslin changes onto my flat pattern pieces.

 From my first shot at the muslin, I thought that I needed to let the side seams out a bit. I did that, and I also adjusted the crotch depth, while keeping the length the same. Here are some pictures of what I have so far.


In terms of fit, I think the front is much better. I really don't like the high waistband, so I decided to fold it under for now. I also sewed it on backwards the second time.  
I need to completely remake the waistband to accommodate the changes I made in seam allowances and its height. Once I do that, I really will be on my way.


I am going to omit the welt pockets in the back. They are more on the sides than the center of the pants, and they were -really- hard to make. In addition, I -never- use pockets on dress pants, so we'll leave it alone. Maybe I'll adjust their placement on a second pair.

My other concern is breakage under the seat of the pants. Sunni says that I'd need to let out the back inseam a little more--the problem is, I'm out of room on the muslin! However, it was after I took the picture that I realized the pants were just positioned a little low, so I think I'm okay there.
Do you see any other fit issues I'm missing? A critical set of eyes would be much appreciated.

No comments: