8.08.2011

Personalizied Onesies

Hello TSKB Readers!

My brother and his wife find out the sex of their baby today. They're doing the nursery in Pokemon theme, so I decided to make them a little present once I find out if I have a niece or nephew!
I'm not sure why the pink one is so blurry in this picture...
This was a SUPER easy project to do, and the possibilities are endless.

All you need is:
  • Pre-purchased (I got them at Goodwill for $2.00 each) or already made/ owned onesie(s)
  • Fabric markers (I did pink and blue)
  • Image you want to place on the onesie
I found my image through googling "Snorlax coloring page" I find that if I only really want the outline of an image, adding the words "coloring page" or "coloring book page" makes it much easier for me to find what I want.

What a cutie! Image from Pokemon-Paradijs
Then, I plopped in MS Word, and re-sized the image and added text at the bottom. You could do this with any editing program you wanted to. My image was about 3.5" by 4" tall. Print


On the back of the page, you are going to go over it with a pencil. And over it. Then change direction. And go over it a few more times. What you're basically doing is making a cheap way to carbon-copy an image.

From there, you will place it where you want the image on the onesie. Using a pencil, trace over the image directly onto the onesie. I placed a CD case under the onesie to prevent the fabric from slipping too much. Trace over each area a few times. It will be somewhat light. (I edited out Pikachu and some of the finer details due to the thickness of the marker I chose)


Using your fabric marker, trace over the faint pencil lines on the onesie.

Let dry overnight. For the fabric markers I used, they recommend heating the garment to get the ink to stay better, but just read the directions on yours.

Give away to a friend or put on a bundle of joy!

If you end up making one using this tutorial, I'd love to see your creation!

No comments: