8.03.2011

Sweet Summer Dress

Hello TSKB Readers!

I'm plugging away at cutting out my pattern and now am marking it (I need a 2nd pair of sewing shears).

But so that I actually have something interesting to post about, I took a sojourn from marking the pattern pieces to make a quick little summer dress.

This is not the first time I've used a tutorial from Elle Apparel and fallen in love. I followed her tutorial to make my gorgeous pinwheel skirt. As soon as I saw her Swimsuit Cover-up tutorial, I immediately bookmarked it.

After having to buy an extra yard of fabric to fix my Shabby Apple Dare to Design submission (only 15 days left! I am so nervous and hopeful), I had quite a bit left as the back piece was small. Since I'm going to the beach, I decided to make this as a beach coverup as Leanne had intended, but I liked to longer length (it hits at the knee). It will probably remain a dress and not a swim cover.

Also, can I say how much I love shirring? There are a ton of tutorials out there, and once you shirr something, you'll get addicted. I have so many ideas of how to use it. However, there will be no shirring in my pants, so I'll just have to be patient.

No comments: