9.12.2011

Settling in to the September Routine

Hello TSKB Readers!

So the beginning of this school year has been interesting to say the least. The first day of school was cancelled due to power losses and road closures from Hurricane Irene. Then, on Thursday we had a two hour delay that turned into a cancellation at 7:30 (I was already at school because I missed the initial phone call *sob*).

On September 6th, my grad school class started up again. It's going to be a lot of work seeing as it's a laboratory class. I really want to keep taking this class, but I don't know if I can work and do the workload that the class requires.

So, with all of that hubbub going on, I haven't posted in a while. I'm going to try to get back on a more regular schedule, even if it means posting an entire week's worth of entries on the weekends.

On Labor Day I went over to my older brother's house. He and his wife hosted a cookout; I was informed to either bring a veggie tray or a cheese and crackers platter. I knew I didn't want to do something conventional since my last cookout item was such a hit, so I searched through my bookmarks to find something suitable.
Are those....mice?

 Yes, itsy bitsy mice. I found this adorable idea on the blog Cute Food For Kids (click here for the how-to). I would check out this blog anytime you want some cute food inspiration! The stuff is awesome!




I did not have sesame seeds, so I used poppy seeds. And instead of a hotdog I used the little mini pepperoni guys. My tails didn't turn out as well as the ones on the how-to, but I still like them!

Have you made any cute food creations lately?

3 comments:

miamihoney said...

How cute! Well I make food creations all the time as I try to make neat food for my little one. Today was airplane grilled cheese ;)

Meghan said...

Did you use a little cookie cutter, or is there some other trick?

miamihoney said...

I use cookie cutters, sandwich cutters, a sharp knife and my great imagination ;)