9.24.2011

Shirt Saved with Shirring


Like the alliteration?

I've had this one tank top for about goodness, 6(?) years or so now, since high school. And sadly, it lost all of the elasticity in the straps, which made it unwearable for the past year or so.

However, with my new understanding of shirring, I was able to fix this in about 10 minutes. Hooray for a new lease on a favorite item!
Tank top in progress of repair. The difference between the fixed strap(right) and "loose" one (left) is pretty obvious.
Detail of the shirred strap. Ignore the threads I haven't cut
This is one of my favorite things about learning how to sew--I can hang onto a garment after it is starting to get old, I can recreate favorite looks from old clothes or things that I can't afford, and I can make (well, almost) anything I can imagine!

2 comments:

miamihoney said...

Good recovery- quick and now back in the rotation!

Meghan said...

I'm glad to be back to blogging on a more regular basis!