9.28.2011

So close! (birthday dress that wasn't)


I've been making good progress on Butterick 5029. I even managed to put in the invisible zipper rather well (I cannot stress how much better it was to baste the zipper instead of pinning it and then directly sewing.
It's not hemmed yet. Even if I had been able to finish, I'd still need a good 24 hours for the dress to hang before I could hem it.
I was even hoping to wear it for my birthday today (woohoo! I'm 24). But when I tried it on Sunday evening, it felt a little loose. And it was very very loose. Not in the hips. Nor the midsection. Not even the main part of the bust.

Doesn't look to bad from the front, but it just didn't feel right.
 Instead, I got this.

The hot mess unpinned, as is.
Pinned with 1.5" taken in at each side, but not starting until halfway up the bust section (where the split appears)


And now I'm at a loss on how to fix it without causing major pulling or other issues. I've got a few hours worth of internet research to figure it out. Oh well.

This really has been a setback type of project? Anyone else working on a project like this right now?

No comments: