9.23.2011

Taco Soup

Hell TSKB Readers!

I'd be lying if I said that I was trying to post regularly this week; the whole surgery thing kinda kicked my butt. To top it off, I had an orthodontist appointment yesterday, and he ended up re-opening most of the surgical sites, so I'm back in pain.

Because I knew I would not have any desire to cook, and because I knew I can't eat solid foods for a while, I decided to pull out the crockpot and try something different.

I found this recipe online for Taco soup on Our Best Bites. Easy to follow directions that include a stovetop version and a slow cooker one. I chose the latter.



This makes a LOT of soup. I couldn't even fit in the second can of diced tomatoes or the second can of kidney beans, and mine came out more stew-y and less soup-y.

It was good, but I think next time I'll cut down on the garlic (4 cloves is a lot!) and probably throw some black beans in instead of the corn. However, this soup is great because I made it Wednesday and there's enough to get me through lunches and dinners until Monday.

What things are you looking forward to making in your slow cooker this fall/winter?

3 comments:

miamihoney said...

I made Tortilla soup this week, delish! I make a lot of crockpot meals to make my life easier. The 365 Crockpot Blog has some great ideas.

Meghan said...

Ooh! I didn't know of that blog. I will definitely check that out later. Thanks for the tip!

rebekah rae said...

Vegetarian Chili!! A wonderful goodness of onions, red peppers, green peppers, corn, diced tomatoes and canned whole tomatoes, garbanzo beans, pinto beans, and black beans ... my favorite recipe. Though as I'm in LA, it may be a while before the weather cooperates entirely with my cravings ...