10.10.2011

Birthday Cake


I have not been much into posting lately, and for that I apologize.



I have a very belated picture of my birthday cake. Apparently, you should not decorate a cake 24 hours before eating it and stick it in the fridge, as the designs will dissolve and turn into mush like it did above.

However, it tasted delicious. This recipe was taken from a cookbook at home, and I will forever use the icing recipe for all flavors. The icing spreads really well, isn't too thick or thin, and tastes great.

For the icing, you combine
  • 2 cups of cool whip
  • 1 cup of cold mix
  • 1 box of instant pudding mix, any flavor (the smaller 3.4 ounce package)
This was butterscotch icing on a chocolate cake drizzled with caramel (that sorta melted). I encourage you to try this icing recipe!

1 comment:

miamihoney said...

Appearance aside, it tasted yummy so that is all that mattered :)