1.03.2012

Christmas Apron

Hello TSKB Readers!

For my stepmom's Christmas present, I decided to make her an apron. She loves to cook, so I thought this would be a good gift (with a $40 QVC gift card in the pocket!).

I had a hard time picking out the fabric. I originally wanted the French waiters that she likes (something similar to this), but I could not find it at JoAnn Fabrics. Then I looked (unsuccessfully) for a wine-printed fabric; they were all too busy.

My stepmom had an apron with cherries on it as a little girl, so this is the fabric I decided upon.


This pattern, Cosmopolitan, came from the book A is for Apron. If you already know how to sew, the intro stuff is not that helpful, but it has great patterns, even if you do have to enlarge them on your own. This is not the first apron I've made from here, but I do believe it is the first that I have documented.

2 comments:

miamihoney said...

Looks so cute, love the cherries :) Great job with all of the little elements.

Meghan said...

Thanks for the compliment!