4.22.2012

A perfect Saturday


I am working on the new blouse I mentioned last post.. I have run into some issues, but I hope to have it resolved today, so I can post all about it tomorrow.

Yesterday I had such an amazing day. And I really needed that kind of Saturday. No traveling or visiting friends and relatives. No major responsibilities. I got my hair cut, and then Ryan and I went for a picnic. We have lived at our current apartment complex for almost two whole years now, and we have never gone to the park right next to us. We'll be moving out June 1st, so I am glad we at least got to go to the park one time.

After that, I cleaned up a bit (which can be therapeutic), and then Ryan had a friend over so I got to play hostess. I made pasta with red sauce that had ground chicken in it, we had a nice garden salad, and I topped it off with this;

Kona Inn Banana Bread

I have yet to find a recipe that tops this Kona Inn Banana Bread Recipe. I have the recipe in my Baker's Dozen cookbook, but it is also online here. I've made it before, but his was the first time I've made it in my new Bundt pan. I had initially bought this pan for my grandma's delicious coffee cake, but then I was told she uses a springform pan instead. I guess I need to buy one of those, now.

I don't know why this was such a great Saturday; there was nothing really out of the ordinary about it. But it was exactly what I needed. Life has been crazy: there have been family issues, family responsibilities, stress with students, stress with probably getting laid off (the woman I have been in for is coming back from her extended maternity leave and there are no science retirements this year...so it doesn't look good, the craziness of moving....it was good to have a day I felt so relaxed.

What was the highlight of your weekend?

1 comment:

miamihoney said...

Seems like a fantastic day! Glad you enjoyed it.Looks yummy too :)