7.23.2012

Recipes from the Internet


I love cooking in the summer because I have time to do research and actually pick recipes. Most night when I am teaching and I cook I play the game of "what weird combination of these random items can I make tonight?"

My one friend has recommended Smitten Kitchen as a fantastic recipe source. My friend in particular loves this recipe for Blueberry Crumb Bars. For some reason, I really wanted chicken marsala, so I tried the Smitten Kitchen recipe here.

Smitten Kitchen's Chicken Marsala


Success! Easy, lovely, and delicious. I will definitely be making this again.

Surprisingly, I have yet to jump on the Pinterest bandwagon. Many people have recommended it to me, but I already spend WAY too much time on the internet, and this would add a whole new level of time-consumption that I cannot afford. I did come across this cute blog called 366 Days of Pinterest where the blogger is tackling one Pin a day. I reminds me of the New Dress a Day blog (and there are probably many "SOMETHING" a day blogs out there, but I know of these two only).

Anyway, the Pinterest blog had a recipe for Mini Tacos using wonton wrappers as the base (the original post by Ginnerobot via flickr is here). You bake them in cupcake tins, and they are adorable. I would recommend baking the wonton wrappers for like 5 minutes first to get them more crispy, but other than that, they were lovely!

Have you pulled any recipes from the internet lately? Were they a success?

1 comment:

miamihoney said...

Yes, I love finding recipes and summer is the perfect time to practice. I am loving Gina's Skinny Recipes blog and I have made a few dishes that are just great. My mom and I made a nice baked potato via Pinterest that turned out fantastic. Good luck with your recipe searching!