7.13.2012

Wall Art

Hello!

This is a very delayed post. Over a year ago, I saved this image to my computer. I don't know the original source (if you do, please let me know so they can receive credit!) of this wall art, but I absolutely loved it.


May was the 7(!) year anniversary for my boyfriend and I. I am not a painter--I am a textile crafter only. However, I really thought that this wall art would be fantastic in our new apartment. So I went to AC Moore, got the canvas, the brushes, and the paint...and I got to work.

However, this was not a project I could just "leave out" while it was drying. One, the cats would be all over it, and two, my boyfriend would surely see it. So, I worked on it either before school or after school every day for about 2 weeks.

I love it probably a little more than he does, but he thought it was pretty amazing. In our new apartment, it is hanging right above our bed.

My version is not nearly as "clean" as the inspirational one, but considering this was the first time I painted -anything- besides a room, I consider it a success:


Wall_Art_Love_Birds_Tree

Wall_Art_Love_Birds_Left

Wall_Art_Love_Birds_Middle

Wall_Art_Love_Birds_Right

Have you ever tried to replicate wall art? Was is a success?

1 comment:

miamihoney said...

Aww, I don't know how I missed this post. How wonderful. Super thoughtful and very personal. I love it! Congrats on 7 yrs. WOW!!