8.20.2012

Another Back-To-School Cardigan

This is my last week before I gear up for school to start! We have our in-service days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week, and then we start with the 9th grades after Labor Day...I'm ready and not ready at the same time. EeK! I have yet to have an official back-to-school nightmare, so I guess I'm doing okay so far.

I started this project back in December, and like most of my knitting ventures, it takes me INCREDIBLY long to finish. While I do appreciate knitting, it does not have the same quickness of result that sewing does. To be fair, you don't have to -make- the fabric when you sew; you just buy it.

I found this pattern on Ravelry called Abalone. For those of you who don't have a Ravelry account, you can download the free PDF here, courtesy of Hedgehog Fibers.






The greatest change I made was to do crochet (hdc) around the edges instead of picking up and knitting. When I do that, I tend to leave ugly holes everywhere. I like how the crochet looks.

Any new creations for fall (or back to school) that you recently finished?

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I love it! The crocheted edges look great.

miamihoney said...

Are you kidding? You made that AND you look like such a cutie with it on. Great JOB. No really, you sure rocked it! Good luck this year.