8.25.2012

Little Scire Plushes

Like I've mentioned before, I have a lot of goals/ideas for making this upcoming school year (two weeks!) a better one. As soon as I take pictures of my (hopeful) attendance system next week, I'll post them, but in the meantime, I want to post about my plush friends I've been working on.

I know we are supposed to foster more intrapersonal rather than interpersonal competition for students, but I think that I little competition between students is healthy. I am -hoping- to have wall space (I'll be sharing a room), so I can put out little beaker pictures with their names on them. For every "A" they receive on a chapter test or test-weight assignment, I will add a sticker to their beaker (In previous years, I have done a cut out for every chapter, but A--it's a lot of paper, and B--a lot of kids would just recycle them, or worse, throw them in the trash as they were leaving).

But for the top student, I wanted to do something extra fun. I have LOTS of stash yarn, but they are mostly small random amounts that other people have given me. I know this website is pretty sweet, but a lot of them were more yarn than I had, or time-consuming. So I created these guys.

Scire Plush


They are crazy easy to make; all you need to know how to do is chain and do single crochet. I was feeling adventurous, so I decided to write up the pattern and make it pretty with Paint.NET. I am hoping to figure out how to make the file accessible (since Blogger doesn't really allow it), but I hope to get it on Ravelry on the next day or two. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

miamihoney said...

Those are cuties! So heartfelt! Good job, lady!

Meghan said...

Thanks!