9.23.2012

The verdict? A big stinking wadder.

Well, I tried.

I rand out of fabric, so tried to make my own sleeves. They're meh. They look okay on the dress form, but she has no arms.

I can't tweak the fit any more. I mean, I probably could, but I'm afraid that I was going to mess up the few places that fit.



So, I decided to finish it just in case I couldn't see the big picture. I made the bias tape for the neckline, but for the armholes I cheated and did not use bias tape; I cut cut strips on the grain.

I like the idea of this top, but I think it was too flowy for what I want. I think I would have been happier with more straight princess seams, like M6076. I'll pack up the pattern and donate it to Goodwill, unless anyone else wants to try it.

Of course, now I have to decide what to do with the 2 yards of green charmeuse I specifically bought for this top...

No comments: