9.17.2012

Vinegar

Ah, internet. It gives you the most useful information. We've had our bathroom towels for a while now, and they had started to get "the funk". Washed in hot water with detergent and dried with dryer sheets? No effect. They still had a damp, icky smell to them. The solution?

Vinegar!

I'm pretty convinced that vinegar and baking soda can do just about anything. I already use a 50/50 water vinegar spray to do the majority of surface cleaning in our apartment, and now I have yet another reason to love vinegar. All I do is throw in 1 cup with the wash, and the towels are perfect!

What interesting fix have you found from the internet?

2 comments:

Brigita said...

I use vinegar with my washing too (and cleaning the windows). It's much less toxic than some detergents and cleaners and does the trick well. :)

miamihoney said...

Yeah, vinegar is the best. My little one wanted to help me scrub up some yuckies on the floor and since I was using a natural cleaner he could help me. Big score :)