I mentioned that I salvaged some fabric from my sister's attempt at sewing and made a dress from it.
The pattern is McCalls 6009, which has three different view of tops. I chose View C, but decided to lengthen it to make it a dress. However, I like it so much, I plan to make a top if/when I get my sewing mojo back.
Here's the finished dress. I like clothes to have a defined waist, and since all I did was lengthen the shirt, I feel like it needs a belt. I cut a size 6 and did no adjustments. The pattern was super easy to sew up; my biggest flaw was the neckband. At the front center, it is not as neatly joined as I would have liked. Thankfully, the gathers around the neckline distract you from it. :)
I have one more dress to post, and I will hopefully get to that sometime this week. At that point, I will almost be caught up with past projects I have neglected to post!