9.26.2015

Baby socks

It seems like I found a use for some of the leftover gray yarn I had from the baby blanket I made--baby socks!

These socks were super easy to knit, and they are so stinkin' cute! I used a pattern I found on Ravelry called Jimmy's Baby Gift Sweater Set by Diane Soucy. There is a matching cardigan, and seeing as I still have yarn left over, I may make that too. However, at this point, I am excited to cast on a pair of socks--for me! More soon.


9.13.2015

Cartoon Apron

Between my friends and family, I have an endless supply of possible video game and cartoon projects to make. For my sister's birthday, I looked at her Pinterest board and saw that she had pinned this Apron that represents Link in the Windwaker Zelda series. The link takes you to an Etsy seller page, and Darkballoons has a TON of awesome aprons, that are honestly reasonably priced for the work that goes into them. However, since I can sew, I figured I would spend the time making one instead. I purchased 2 yards of green cotton, 1/4 yard brown cotton, green thread (which I didn't need as I already had it in my stash) and yellow felt. I ended up spending under $9 at Joann, but this project took me around 5 hours.







I probably could have made the apron shorter, and I guessed about the back since there were no pictures, but overall, it's pretty awesome.

8.20.2015

Baby blanket

My inclusion partner from last year will be working with me again this year. At least for part of the year as she will be out on maternity leave. I feel like I've gotten to the point in both crafting skills and time management (read: I need to take more time doing things that I enjoy and appreciate so I burn out from school less) that I could take on a small project...over summer vacation.



I saw the idea on Pinterest and have had it pinned for whatever purpose. While the original blog post is not in English, you can see the construction is double crochet rows with chained strands of color woven in. I supposed you could Google translate the website if you wanted specifics. I changed the order of the color stripes for each round and spaced out the stripes more so gray is the predominant color.

My inclusion partner told me she was having a boy, but she does not seem the type to do an entire nursery in pastel blue, so I thought that this color combination still pointed to a boy, but wasn't too babyish.

This is the first project I have done with yarn in a very long time, and I am pleased with how it turned out. I hope the recipient (both Mom and baby) feel the same way!